Friday, June 18, 2010

Sad but Swimming...


There are many things about my recent injury that have been miserable but Wednesday I went to the Doctor for my weekly update and got a great report and a great prescription!  The doctor said that all was looking good and for me to start trying to put some weight on my leg/foot.  He said that I needed to get in a pool up to about my chest and walk laps.  It's harder than it sounds espically because my foot has been in one position for 3 weeks without movement or weight put on it.  I am such a lover of the sun and summer.  It has been killing me to be inside laid up but now I am FREE!!!!  I made TJ take me that very afternoon to the pool and I tried out the walking.  After about 30 minutes I was exhausted.  I was like a kid though; I didn't want to get out.  He had to make me!!!  ha ha!


I can tell that it's getting better day by day and hope to be back to normal very soon.  I still don't know why God gave me this injury and will admit I'm still bitter.  TJ and I would be packing today and headed to Disney World and Universal Studios tomorrow.  We had a Deep Sea Fishing trip lined up also for tomorrow morning.  I am just sick about it.  No matter how much better I feel I can't help but be sad that TJ and I didn't get to take this vacation.  TJ will turn 30 on Saturday the 26th and I just don't know what to do to make it up to him.  He says that he doesn't care and he probably doesn't but I do!  We will still get to go eventually but it just won't be the same without a reason to celebrate. 


I will look forward to our trip to New York in December and hope with all my heart that God will allow us to take that trip! TJ and I have never been and are looking forward to seeing the big apple during Christmas time. I guess one thing good came out of us not taking our vacation this summer...we'll have more money for New York!!!




1 comment:

  1. Amy!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, because I'm just now catching up on yours. I'm so sorry about your ankle and your cancelled vacation! Call me anytime you want to come to the DC pool:)

    ReplyDelete