Monday, September 20, 2010

The year of Cotton...

TJ and I went to Pensacola for our anniversary trip last weekend.  I was able to take advantage of my fabulous hotel rates one last time!  We had a great room right on the beach.  It was a quick trip but it was well worth it.  Neither of us had been to the beach all year so we were well over due.  Here are some pictures from the weekend...
View from the cafe where we had breakfast Saturday morning.  Pensacola has some of the coolest places to eat.  It so easy to get down there (practically all interstate) and it's not a very crowded place...it's literally a small little island. 

We sat here, ate, and watched a group of ladies paddle boarding.  That is the coolest new sport and let me tell you; they have some awesome bodies.

The of course we headed to the beach where we lounged all day!  It was awesome.  Not too hot and enough of a breeze to keep you comfortable.  I actually got to read some and take a nap in the sunshine.  TJ on the other hand stayed under the umbrella.  It's okay...he loved it.  We even saw a nice size shark too close for comfort.  Pretty cool.

This is the view from the balcony of our room.  Man; I'm going to miss those awesome hotel rates!

We ate at Hemmingways just across the street from our hotel.  We went early enough and were able to request a table directly in front of a nice TV...you know Alabama played Penn State that night.  We TJ couldn't miss that!

When decided to wait until we got home to exchange gifts since our anniversary wasn't until Monday.  We do the traditional anniversary presents and for your 2nd year the gift is cotton.  Here is what we got...

TJ got a gift certificate for one round of Golf at "Cottonwood" Golf Course and a Cotton hat from there also.  I am so creative...what can I say!  ha ha!


I got a beautiful Cotton bathrobe!  Its so soft and its pink...my favorite color!

We had a great anniversary and I can't wait for many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment